A wonderful way to celebrate spring, and to welcome cherry blossom season in Japan, with this sakura tea rice seasoning, you will be able to make sakura (cherry blossom) rice just with the components of this seasoning mix and a rice cooker. This set will make a fragrant sakura rice, if you do not want it to be too salty, make sure you rinse off the salt of the sakura blossoms well. Please follow the instructions below and we hope you will enjoy this seasonal treat!
Instructions for two cups of rice
These instructions assume you use a standard rice cooker. These instructions are not included with the package, so please be sure to print this page if necessary.
- Place the sakura blossoms into a bowl of water to rinse off the salt
- You will use half the blossoms during cooking, and keep the other half to use as a topping afterwards. If too salty, you may want to change the water and resoak the remaining blossoms.
- Please the seasoning liquid, into your rice cooker with your rice (or mochi rice) and water according to your rice cooker's instructions. add the sakura blossoms and cook as you normally would
- Once your rice has finished cooking, place the remaining blossoms on the rice as a topping.
- Ingredients: Sakura blossoms, Japanese plum (ume) vinegar, salt, coloring
- Region (Sakura): Odawara, Kanagawa, Japan
- Contents: 20g of sakura tea blossoms, 40 ml of seasoning
- Best by date: 120 days
- Manufacturer: Marui Shokuhin
Nutritional info of the mix only. Does not include the rice.
- Calories: 20 kcal
- Protein: 0.9 g
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.7 g
- Sodium: 4.2 g
- Salt: 10.7 g
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.