Balancing sweetness with bitterness, the Sencha of the Earth or 大地の煎茶, was named because it comes from zairai tea plants over 30 years old.
"Zairai" refers to plants grown from seeds taken from plants in existence before the recognition of specific cultivars. The name literally means "coming from existing (plants)"
The strength of these plants is simply amazing, and we can feel the power of the earth as we drink it. Grown on northwest facing slopes near the Wazuka River.
- Contains the strength of the earth
- BREWED LEAVES
- ★★★★ - Yummy!
- Vitamin C
- The above info are relative estimations based on cultivation and processing methods. They may also be affected by the steeping technique used, by storage conditions, etc.
- Sencha of the Earth
- 100% aracha from Wazuka, Kyoto
- TEA PLANT
- Standard plants, about 30 years old
- HARVEST PERIOD
- CULTIVATION NOTES
- Open air (uncovered)
- PROCESSING NOTES
- light steaming (about 20 seconds)
- Akihiro Kita, President, Kyoto Obubu Tea Plantations
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.