Maruyama Tea offers Yunomi Tea Enthusiasts the 2nd place sencha in the 10kg class from the 2022 National Tea Competition, cultivated by tea farmer Miyahara Ken from Chiran Village, Kagoshima.
The 2nd place award is the 農林水産省農産局長賞 (Ministry of Agriculture, Bureau Chief's Award)
Miyahara-san himself has won the Kagoshima Tea Competition twice in a row, and has won the National Tea Competition in various categories 4 times in the past, making him one of Japan's best cultivators of high quality tea.
Steeping Recommendation - Warm Water Steeping
- 1st Steeping - Tea: 5g. Time: 2 min. Water: 60C/140F degrees, 100 ml.
- 2nd Steeping - Time: 10 sec. Water: 70C/158F degrees, 100 ml.
- 3rd+ Steeping - Time: 30 sec. Water: 70C/158F degrees, 200 ml.
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Cultivar: Yabukita
- Harvest: Spring
- Batch: 10kg micro batch
- Farm: Miyahara Hikari Seicha
- Refinement: Maruyama Tea
- Packing: Yunomi
- Region: Chiran Village, Kagoshima, Japan
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.