- Ingredients: Green tea
- Cultivation & Processing Notes: Deep steamed
- Harvest Season: Spring
- Japanese name: 奥知覧茶 粋 ("Iki" = "Chic", a simple beauty)
- Farmer: Masayuki Maruno
- Region: Chiran, Kagoshima Prefecture
Consider also cold steeping or ice steeping (see Steeping Techniques).
- 1st steeping: Tea: 3 grams (about 2/3 tsp). Time: 60 seconds. Water: 80-90˚C/176-194˚F, 150 ml.
- 2nd steeping: Tea: same. Time: 5 seconds (pour water in, then immediately pour tea out). Water: 90˚C/194˚F, 150 ml.
- 3rd steeping: Increase time to 30-60 seconds or to desired strength.
Vendor recommendation for 3 people:
- Tea: 3 grams (about 2/3 tsp). Time: 60 seconds. Water: 80-90˚C/176-194˚F, 400-500 ml.
- Name: Furuichi Seicha
- Location: 1296-1 Kawanabecho Nagata, Minamikyushu, Kagoshima, 897-0222 JAPAN
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.