The Tea Pot Roaster is made of heat resistant clay so can be used over direct heat. The spout is designed to avoid tea (liquid) from dripping, the round shaped body allows the tea leaves to open up, and the wide top makes it easy to throw out the used tea leaves.
This tea pot roaster was designed to bring you the taste of fresh-roasted houjicha to your home.
Watch a video of how to use the Tea Pot Roaster.
USAGE WARNING: You do need to be careful while putting water into the pot while it's hot. If you do it too fast, it can end up boiling very fast, and overflowing. Pour the water in a little at a time. Also, while the pot is designed so that the handle does not heat up too much (since you will be holding it while roasting), if you use the pot as a kettle to boil water, please note that the handle may heat up. Use a pot holder to avoid burns.
- body width: 12 cm (4.72 in); top diameter: 10 cm (3.93 in); body height: 11 cm (4.33 in)
- 420 cc (14.28 fl oz)
- 450 g (15.87 oz)
- Measurements above are approximate
- Thermal (heat-resistant) pottery, silica sand, glaze, soluble ceramic
- Bankoyaki (Mie Prefecture)/ MADE IN JAPAN
- Color may not be exactly as photographed.
Please allow two to three weeks for procurement.
- Tea pot will become very hot. Be careful of burns.
- 1-7-22 Yada, Yokkaichi-shi, Mie 510-0001, JAPAN
Tea Pot Roaster
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.