A hand-picked wakocha (Japanese black tea) from the people at Ayumi Farms: Cyittorattu. The community uses their highly developed sense of touch to hand pick the softest of the new leaves. It is therefore, one of their finest quality teas! Characterized with a strong scent and a rounded sweetness. Pesticide and chemical fertilizer free.
Harvested mid-June, the tea leaves of this wakocha received abundant early summer sunlight. This is a pure Japanese wakocha produced with time and care. Because this tea was made from the Yabukita cultivar, it does not have much shibumi and is characterized by a natural sweetness. Also enjoyed cold during the hot summer season.
- Net weight: 40 grams / 1.41 oz
- Harvest: June 2020
- Cultivation & Processing Notes: No pesticides, no chemical fertilizers
- Region: Fujieda, Shizuoka prefecture
- Storage: Store sealed airtight in cool, dry area avoiding sunlight
- Tea: 5 grams
- Time: 4 minutes
- Water temperature: 90C/194F degrees
- Water amount: 300 ml
About the Tea Farmer
- Name: Ayumi Kinezuka
- Vendor Type: Family business (Ayumi Farm: Cyittorattu)
- Location: Fujieda-shi, Shizuoka, Japan 426-0134
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.