BUY Kitchen Grade
Matcha PowderRecipe by Reiko Taichi
Recipe URL (in Japanese only): http://www.recipe-blog.jp/mypage/recipe/detail/686831
- White Rice 540cc (18.36 oz, 2 3/4 cup)
- Water 650cc (22.1 fl oz)
- Salt to taste
- Salted rice malt (shio-koji) 3 tablespoon
- Matcha powder 3 teapoon
- Olive oil 2 1/2 tablespoon
- Stir matcha powder, salted rice malt, and olive oil in advance to make a matcha paste. Stir well until smooth.
- Put rice and water in a pot and add the matcha paste (1).
- Add a pinch of salt and stir well.
- Cooking in a pot: Cook over high heat until boiling. Adjust to low heat after boiling and cook for 13 minutes. Then, cook over high heat for 10 seconds and turn off heat. Wait for 10 minutes.
Cooking in a rice cooker：as usual!
Also delicious as Yaki-onigiri (roasted rice ball)!
Goes well with soysauce cooked konbu (kelp seaweed). Although matcha rice is a Japanese style dish, it has a bit of non-Japanese (western) taste. Please try making it and experience the new style rice.