Grown and processed by the Shimizu family of Suizawa, Mie Prefecture.
- Ingredients: Green Tea
- Net weight: 100 grams (3.52 oz)
- Cultivar: Yabukita
- Cultivation & Processing Notes
- Blended from the leaf tips of various yabukita-based teas shaded for 2-3 weeks before harvest with direct covering (see photo)
- Steaming: regular steaming (futsumushi) resulting in a leaf that is fine (young, delicate leaves break apart easily in steaming) and produces a semi-opaque, bright green liquor
- Harvest Season: Spring
- Number of Cups: 60 cups (20 uses / 3 steepings / 1 cup per steeping. Varies with your steeping recipe.)
- Region: Suizawa Village, Yokkaichi City, Mie Prefecture
- 1st steeping: Tea: 5 grams or 1 teaspoon. Time: 30 sec. Water: 70˚C/158˚F, 240 ml.
- 2nd steeping: Time: 10-20 seconds. Water: 80˚C/176˚F, 240 ml.
- 3rd steeping: Increase time to 30-45 seconds or to desired strength.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.