Fukamushi sencha from Kakegawa region in Shizuoka Prefecture. Kakegawa is known as the number on aracha production region in Japan, having an ideal climate for tea cultivation.
This sencha has won the Regional Award at the 67th National Tea Competition under the division of Fukamushi Sencha. It has won 17 awards over the last 9 consecutive years.
- Name: Kakegawa Fukamushicha
- Ingredients: green tea
- Cultivar: Blended (Yabukita main)
- Harvest: Spring
- Region: Kakegawa, Shizuoka
- Production notes: Deep steamed (steamed for 40-60 seconds in the initial processing phase resulting in more powder-like broken leaves and creating a fast-steeping, deep green, translucent tea).
- First steeping: Tea: 5g. Time: 30 sec. Water: 70C/158F, 240 ml.
- Second steeping: Time: 10 sec. Water: 80C/176F, 240 ml.
- Third steeping: Time: 40 sec. Water: 80C/176F, 240 ml.
- Name: Yamane-en Tea Shop, a small tea shop in Tokyo operated by the Shiobara family.
- Location: 3-34-1 Sugamo, Toshima-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN
- Established: About 60 years ago.
Yamane-en is a family-operated tea shop based near Sugamo Station on the Yamanote Loop Line in Tokyo and run by tea master Michio Shiobara. With 40 years of experience in the Japanese tea industry behind him, Shiobara-san offers unique teas sourced from small villages throughout Japan as well as a number of tisanes popular in Japan for their health benefits.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.