Gyokuro tea is grown beneath shading, cutting out some 85% of the sunlight. This allows the leaves to mature without obtaining bitterness. The results is an ultra delicate green tea with an extremely sweet taste profile.
Our Heritage Gyokuro is grown beneath traditional, handmade bamboo and/or straw shading. The moisture that drips from this natural shading flavors the tea -- a return to the past with this gourmet tea.
- SAVORINESS (umami)
- SWEETNESS (amami)
- ASTRINGENCY (shibumi)
- BREWED LEAVES
- Great for salads! Used leaves should be steeped 3-4 times before using eating. Top with soy sauce and bonito flakes, or your own salad dressing.
- Name: Heritage Gyokuro Tea
- Japanese name: 伝統本玉露
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Harvest: Spring.
- Region: Yabemura village, Yame, Fukuoka
- Notes: Shaded for 3 weeks before harvest under canopy shading, machine cut, medium steaming used but leaves are young and delicate so the results is close to a deep steaming (fukamushi)
- Name: Kurihara Seicha Ltd.
- Members: Kippei, Yuji, and Akio Kurihara (Father and sons)
- Location: Yabe Village, Yame City, Fukuoka
- Size of fields: About 3 hectares
- Altitude of fields: 300 - 700 meters
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.