Cultivar Shizu #7132 is a rare tea plant cultivar that has never been given a name. From the same field but allowed to bathe in the sunlight longer than the Chouseiden, Kiriyama Mushin has a strong, full-bodied flavor.
- Name: Organic Sencha Kiriyama Mushin
- Japanese name: 有機 霧山無心
- Ingredients: green tea
- Cultivar: Shizu 7132
- Cultivation & Processing Notes
- Uses a machine harvesting of the top bud and first two leaves (isshin niyou 一芯二葉)
- Steaming: Fukamushi, deep-steamed
- Harvest: Late April.
- Region: Nearaicho, Shizuoka Prefecture
Consider also cold steeping or ice steeping (see Steeping Techniques).
Tea: 5 grams or 1 teaspoon. Time: 45-60 sec. Water: 70˚C/158˚F, 180-240 ml.
Tea: same. Time: 10-20 seconds. Water: 80˚C/176˚F, 180-240 ml (about 1 cup).
Increase time to 30-45 seconds or to desired strength.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.