- Ingredients: Green tea
- Cultivars: Kuritawase, Asatsuyu.
- Harvest: Early April
- Region: Yakushima Island, Kagoshima, Japan
- Steaming: Asamushi, or lightly steamed. This results a leaf that is kept more intact than longer steaming, and therefore results in a clearer, liquid that extracts more slowly from the leaf for multiple steepings. This type of steaming is usually reserved for higher quality leaf.
We recommend the warm water steeping method for this Yakushima Shincha. Steep it in a small amount at low temperature to enjoy the umami flavors more distinctly, then again at higher temperatures to release more flavors.
- First steeping
- Tea: 5 grams
- Time: 60 seconds
- Water: 60C/140F degrees, 200 ml
- Second steeping
- Time: 10 seconds (the tea is primed at this point so will extract flavor immediately)
- Water: 80C/176F degrees, 200 ml
- Third & fourth steeping
- Time: 30-60 seconds
- Water: 90C/195F degrees, 200 ml
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.