This burdock tea comes from burdock root which was grown with rich water and soft soil from Kikuchi City, Kumamoto prefecture. The burdocks were dried and then roasted to make the tea. The characteristic of the tea lies in its gentle sweetness, roastiness, and earthiness. As it is caffeine free, it is a tea that can be enjoyed by all!
Note: Burdock Tea (gobocha; made from the root of burdock) is one of the unique tisanes that is enjoyed in Japan. Burdock root is said to be rich in nutrients such as saponin, calcium, iron, magnesium, copper, and dietary fiber. It is often utilized in Japanese cuisine, characterized by its earthy flavour and texture.
If you are looking for a new and healthy type of tea, this tea may be the one for you to try!
- Name: Burdock Root Tea from Kumamoto (Goboucha)
- Japanese name: 熊本県産のごぼう茶
- Ingredients: Burdock root (Gobou) of Kyushu region
- Region: Mainly from Kumamoto Prefecture
- For Youself: Prepare thermos bottle that holds 500 cc (17 fl oz). Place one teabag and pour hot water into the bottle.
- For a Family: Place one teabag in a teapot, pour 300 cc (10.2 fl oz) of hot water into the pot. Wait for 3 minutes and the tea is ready! Enjoy the second steep.
- With Kettle: Prepare 500 cc (17 fl oz) water and boil. Place one teabag into the kettle and boil for 3-5 minutes. Serve as hot or cold.
- Name: Yamane-en Tea Shop
- Type: Tea shop
- Owner: Michio Shiobara
- Location: 3-34-1 Sugamo, Toshima-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN
- Established: About 60 years ago.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.