Selected and blended from award-winning tea leaves
The teas submitted to Prefectural, Regional, and National level tea competition from farmers are then bid upon by factories who refine the leaves and turn them into a finished product. Consistently buying the award winning gyokuro teas from these competitions, AOI Seicha then blends them to offer you the best of the best.
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Net Weight: 100 grams in original bag, 20-gram sized packed by Yunomi for your tasting convenience.
- Cultivar: Blended
- Harvest: Spring
- Cultivation & Processing Notes: Shaded for 3 weeks before harvest.
- Region: Blended
First steeping - Tea: 3 grams. Time: 3-5 minutes. Water: 50C/122F, 80 ml.
The purpose of this steep is to create an rich, umami syrup-like broth.
Second steeping - Time: immediate. Water: 70-90C/160-195F, 200 ml
In subsequent steeps, you've already primed the leaves and extracted much of the umami, so enjoy the other flavors with water at hotter temperatures.
- Third / fourth steeping - Time: 30-60 seconds. Water: 70-90C/160-195F, 200 ml
- Remember, steeping at a hotter temperature extracts caffeine and bitter-tasting catechin (antioxidants) while cooler temperature extracts only the umami-tasting L-theanine and other sweet flavors. Since the bitter flavors overwhelm the umami flavors, we recommend the above.
- Also try cold steeping as well as ice steeping!
- Name: Aoi Seicha
- Type: Factory
- Established: 1910, company incorporated as AOI Seicha in 1966.
- CEO: Ayano Honda
- Employees: 60
- Address: Kamiyashiki-7 Kamimachi, Nishio-shi, Aichi-ken 445-0894
Matcha for the North American market can be bought from U.S. subsidiary AOI Tea
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.