A single cultivar, single estate micro batch carefully picked by the Kaneta Ota Tea Garden and processed into light steamed sencha or asamushicha. Cultivar: Yama no Ibuki.
Growing tea on the steep hills of the Tenryu region in Western Shizuoka for over 50 years, tea farmer Ota Masataka is a master farmer and tea craftsman, producing award winning teas sought after by tea connoisseurs throughout Japan.
Steeping Recommendation - Warm Water Steeping
- 1st Steeping - Tea: 5g. Time: 2 min. Water: 60C/140F degrees, 100 ml.
- 2nd Steeping - Time: 10 sec. Water: 70C/158F degrees, 100 ml.
- 3rd+ Steeping - Time: 30 sec. Water:
- 70C/158F degrees, 200 ml.
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Cultivar: Yama no Ibuki
- Harvest: Spring
- Batch: 3kg ultra micro batch
- Farm: Kaneta Ota Tea Garden
- Refinement: Maruyama Tea
- Packing: Yunomi
- Region: Tenryu, Shizuoka, Japan
- Steaming: Light
Kaneta Ota Tea Garden
Included among the 130+ awards that Ota Masataka, the tea garden master, has won over the years, are the Emperor's Cup awarded as a special honor to the country's top farmers, and the top National Tea Competition Minister's Award...3 years straight from 2017 - 2019 in the 4kg Sencha category.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.